Position: Clinical Therapist for Intensive Outpatient Substance Abuse Program
Credentials and Experience
This position requires a Masters Degree in Counseling or Social Work. An LPC or LCSW is preferred but a candidate working towards licensure will be considered. At least one year experience in working with substance use is required, three years preferred. Candidate must be able to work with diverse populations with various socio-economic backgrounds. Basic computer skills are needed to write reports, letters, etc.
1. Provide individual and family counseling for clients within the Intensive Outpatient Program, utilizing diverse treatment modalities and evidenced-based practices including Matrix Model.
2. Travel to satellite locations in southern Plaquemines Parish and/or the eastbank of Plaquemines Parish, one to two days per week, to provide counseling services and/or pyschoeducational instruction
3. Utilize community resources to refer clients for other/additional services, if the need arises.
4. Work with community agencies, including, but not limited to, the 25th Judicial Court System, the DA’s Office, the Sheriff’s Office, and the school system.
5. Consistently meet direct productivity hours as set by the organization.
6. Maintain updated clinical record on all clients in accordance with electronic health record standards set by the organization and submit records for Case Reviews and Chart Reviews.
7. Complete and submit all required clinical, statistical, and financial reports on time.
8. Utilize professional judgment concerning ethical issues and organization funding sources.
9. Maintain a professional demeanor with regards to dependability, punctuality and attendance, personal appearance, maintenance of work area, and rapport with clients, organization staff, and other professionals.
10. Participate in training and conferences to enhance professional growth.
11. Perform other duties, as assigned by direct supervisor or Executive Director.
1. Demonstrate overall positive client outcomes.
2. Provide clinical services in accordance with applicable funding source requirements.
3. Meet all financial, statistical, and other reporting requirements of the organization and funding sources.
4. Demonstrate professional growth.
5. Help maintain a positive organization presence in the community and a positive atmosphere in the clinic.
6. Respect all coworkers, clients, family members, and community members.
Please forward cover letter and resume to Dawn Barras, LPC at email@example.com